Middletown, Connecticut is a historic town with a variety of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Some options include:
1. Visit the Wadsworth Falls State Park: This beautiful park offers hiking trails, swimming and picnicking areas, and the chance to see the picturesque Wadsworth Falls.
2. Explore the historic downtown area: Middletown's downtown area features a mix of historic buildings, restaurants, and shops. Visitors can take a walk and explore the architecture and history of the town.
3. Visit the Kidcity Children's Museum: This interactive museum is designed for children and features hands-on exhibits and activities that focus on science, art, and history.
4. Visit the Wesleyan University: This prestigious liberal arts college is home to several art and history museums, including the Davison Art Center and the Zilkha Gallery.
5. Visit the Connecticut Valley Tobacconist Museum: This museum is dedicated to the history of tobacco and features a collection of pipes, snuff boxes, and other tobacco-related items.
6. Take a trip to the Mattabesett Trail: The trail is one of the most popular hiking trails in the area and offers stunning views of the Connecticut River and the surrounding countryside.
7. Visit the Wilcox Park: This park is home to a variety of recreational facilities, including a playground, basketball courts, and a community garden. It's also a great place to take a walk or have a picnic.
8. Take a trip to the Middlesex County Historical Society: This society is dedicated to preserving the history of the town and its residents, and features a variety of exhibits and displays.
It's worth noting that some of the options above might be temporarily closed or restricted due to the ongoing pandemic. Check the official website of the places you want to visit before planning your trip.